I watched Survivor last night where (SPOILER ALERT!!!! SKIP THIS PARAGRAPH IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!!) . . . . . . . . two people quit the game! Quit?!?!?!? After 28 days with only 11 more to go??? They QUIT?!?!? Jeff talked about "desire" - that internal push to keep you going after your goal after you feel like giving up. Here are a couple of quotes I found that I <3:
“When your desires are strong enough, you will appear to possess superhuman powers to achieve"
“Burning desire to be or do something gives us staying power - a reason to get up every morning or to pick ourselves up and start in again after a disappointment”
It really hit home with me with the end of the Get Fit Challenge coming up next Friday. I have *no* idea where I am in the ranks of everyone else competing (there are 21 others). I know that probably around 1/4 have dropped out for various reasons so it takes me to a 1 in 16-ish chance of winning.
My desire to win is STRONG and keeps pushing me. BUT, desire, without action is nothing. Every day I have to choose to make the right choices to push me to that goal. I have to choose to eat right. I have to choose to exercise. I have to choose to WANT that goal with the same desire as if it was Day 1 all over again.
It has been *tough* (TOUGH) at times and I have wanted to just throw in the towel, but thankfully I have a great support system and a lot of people around me who inspire and motivate me to do better, be better. My fellow Game-On'ers, my boot camp ladies, my boot camp instructor Lisa (who kicked my butt to get me to the stairs this morning for my first workout), my friends and family . . . you all share a part in motivating me to keep going!
I am in a new Game On challenge right now and people in this game have lost in 1.5 weeks what I have lost in 8. Do I get frustrated because I am working my ass off and the scale mocks me most days? HELL YES. But, will I quit? Nope.
How will I know how well I can do unless I give it 110%? All I can do is my best and hope it's enough to win next Friday.
What I do know is that, win or lose, it's enough for me. Win or lose next week, I did my best. I gave it my all. I left NOTHING on the table.
So, what do you desire? What action are you going to do to get you to that? Figure it out and DO IT!
No comments:
Post a Comment