I have been saying all along that I felt like I HAD to push myself in this Get Fit Challenge because I would hate it if I lost by something as little as a pound if I didn't give it my all.
So, for the past 8 weeks, I have given it my all.
I left NOTHING on the table.
This challenge was FAR from easy. It would have been EASY to eat crap. It would have been EASY to sit on the couch. It would have been EASY to sleep in and skip the exercise. It would have been EASY to say the death stairs are too hard and not do them.
But this challenge was not about EASY.
Weight loss and life changes are not easy. If they were, everyone would do them.
Truth be told, I could not have done this without my awesome support system - from friends, to family, to my Game On opponents and teammates, to my Boot Camp ladies, to my Facebook friends. I <3 you all! I have made permanent life changes and have found the inner desire and motivation to make sure that stays true.
NOW . . . on to the news about the competition.
Before starting bootcamp this morning, Lisa told me that a woman in the class yesterday had lost 7.5% of her weight and 10 inches. I calculated my weight and new I was sooooo close to that. I sweated and pushed myself more than I ever had because I really felt like (as in the Biggest Loser) it was my Last Chance Workout.
First come the measurements for inches lost. Total lost for me = 13.5 inches overall. WOOOOOO!!!! That's over a FOOT overall. I was pretty shocked at that number.
So next I get on the scale, I see the number and know it's come down to points of a percentage. My stomach was in knots as we are doing the calculations.
Drum roll please . . .
I lost 7.75%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But, I knew not to get too excited. There was a woman in the next class that had lost close to the same percentage so I had to wait and see.
And wait.
And wait.
FINALLY, around 10 this morning, I get an email announcing the winners.
I WON!!!!! By a quarter of a percentage I won. A QUARTER of a percentage. I think that's about a pound. (Did I have some psyhic ability to know that this would happen with that "pound fear" that kept pushing me??? LOL)
All that hard work paid off!!! I won by SUCH a slim margin . . . if I hadn't pushed myself . . . if I hadn't given it my all . . . I would not have come close to making it today.
I'm off to celebrate!!
My thought for the day: What could you achieve if you pushed yourself and gave it everything you had?
No comments:
Post a Comment