Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sometimes, it's just not about that

"I do NOT want to work out." --- My first thoughts as I come out of my comatose dream state. It's 5 am, it's dark. But, I'm used to that, right? I've done 2 months of this. I have TWO challenges I'm participating in with BIG money involved. But, "I don't wanna go!" was my first thought this morning.

I get up, get dressed and sit on the couch to put my shoes on. I sat back and closed my eyes and thought "I could totally just sit here and sleep and be totally happy."

But, then, that damn "little voice in my head" got loud enough where I could hear it.

"GET YOUR ASS UP!" (yeah . . . the voice isn't that nice . . . but neither am I so we usually get along ok).

"What the hell are you doing? SLEEPING on the couch after you got up at 5 and got all dressed? You are just going to sit there because you don't WANT to workout??? Well, guess what! It's not always ABOUT that."


That was enough to get me up off the couch and off to the gym.

I was right. It's not always about what you WANT to do in that moment. Since I started boot camp, I usually want to exercise because I feel so much better after I've done it, but I realized again today that some days I'm just not going to want to go. I've had other days like this, but today was harder for me to get out the door for some reason. Not sure why.

There are lots of things I don't want to do, but do anyway because I like the results of what happens after I do it (cleaning the bathroom is one that tops the list. Is there anyone that LIKES cleaning bathrooms anyway?)

Today was a better day because I made myself go. I'm pretty sure, by now, if I hadn't exercised this morning, I would be kicking myself for not going.

And, I would have had to listen to that "little voice in my head" all day saying "Nope. Don't want to hear it. I TOLD you to go!"

No comments:

Post a Comment