Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Life is soooo challenging right now!!

My life is FULL of challenges right now!! But, mostly good ones, i.e. ones in which I will win MONEY!!!

Last week, at boot camp, I signed up for the Get Fit Challenge. Person who loses the greatest percentage of weight gets $440 (!!!!); person who loses the greatest number of inches gets a free boot camp (yay!!).

On top of this, I've also signed myself up for Game On! which is a diet/lifestyle challenge. I'm playing on a team of 4 and we are aptly called Booty Kickers. We are playing against 2 other teams - Waisted Away and Bring It Off. We seem to have some stiff competition right, but I KNOW we will be kicking booty all the way to the party that will be thrown in our honor when we WIN!

In order to win both, I HAVE to exercise. This has been a challenge (and not so much in a good way!) as there is not a whole lot of cardio I can do that doesn't involve my ankle! I am doing the elliptical trainer (did it this morning for 1 hour) until my ankle heals . . . I'm hopeful I can start getting back to joining back in for boot camp cardio next week! I've been banned from boot camp tomorrow (well, not BANNED, but Lisa STRONGLY suggested I take a break) so I will be back on the elliptical! I plan to be at boot camp on Thursday to at least get the weights in (though this means I will have to do some cardio outside of class . . . which I'm thinking means I have to hit the gym BEFORE boot camp . . . around 4:30 am! ack!!)

I do have to say that I don't feel like I'm competitive by nature . . . I didn't play sports growing up . . . my dad wasn't a huge sports nut. Wait . . . I should clarify. When it came to school work/grades, I was super competitive, but anything physical, it was always "eh." But, these challenges have brought out this crazy woman who wants to WIN!!

To my Game On and Get Fit opponents: don't say you weren't forewarned. Game On. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment