Friday, October 1, 2010

Me v. the Super Barker Breaker

We have dogs in our neighborhood that start barking at 4:45 am. EVERY. morning. Not so bad during the weekdays since I'm up to workout, but on Saturday and Sunday?? Are you freakin' KIDDING me?!?!?

The dog barks for about 30 seconds, then shuts up for 10 minutes, then barks again. This goes on until I leave the house.

Needless to say, this is driving me absolutely nuts!!!!

I went over to *nicely* talk to the neighbors (hey! I can be nice!), but no answer the 3 times I went over. So, I decided to leave a nice note and tape it to their door.

Next day, they didn't bark at 4:45 am! Yahoo! But, by 6:30 when I got home from boot camp, they were barking. 30 seconds, break for 10 minutes, 30 seconds, break for 10 minutes . . .

This morning same thing.

My boss tells me she used this Super Barker Breaker on her dog when she was barking too much. It lets off a loud, piercing noise to the dogs so it's supposed to make them stop barking.

Little did I know how LOUD this sound is to my delicate ears!

I get home with the Super Barker Breaker this afternoon, put a battery in and am ready to try it out. I hear the dog start barking. I hold the Super Barker Breaker up (it needs to be aimed towards the dog) and push the button. Now, there *is* an auto button whereby the sound emits whenever it "hears" a bark, but I wanted to test it first.

So I hold the Super Barker Breaker and push the button.

How such a LOUD noise came out of that the little tiny box, I will never know. BUT, I tried it and would push the button every time the dog would bark. He stopped as soon as he heard the noise, but I'm not sure if was actually because of the Super Barker Breaker.

What I do know is that my other neighbors (not to mention my family who is currently NOT being woken up by the dogs) would start hating me when this foghorn of a noise starts going off every 10 minutes! Though . . . maybe it would wake up the owners of the dog?? hmmm . . . might be worth the risk . . .

Note to men: While it might seem like a good idea, Super Barker Breaker would definitely not work shutting up your wife, unless you want her to be deaf and have to yell and nag you continuously because she can't hear.



Me: 0
Super Barker Breaker: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment