Wednesday, October 13, 2010

You Ain't Takin' Me Down! Ya Hear Me Ankle?!?!

A couple of weeks ago, I woke up with a pain in my ankle. Don't remember doing anything (unless I ran a marathon while sleeping) that would have caused this. The pain went away and then I went to Disneyland the following week [side point: We had a GREAT time!! Rained almost the entire time we were there, but the lines for the rides were nonexistent! Yay!!]

As some of you know, I have started running. Like not away from anything, but FOR FUN. I know. It's a little unbelievable to me too.

Well, yesterday I did a 1.4 mile run around my neighborhood. I did 1.2 miles on Saturday. I'm slooooowww but I did it!! :) I can say that I haven't run a mile since Mr. Hunter's 8th grade PE class [for another post, another time, but that man could have run a PE class in prison! Just sayin.]. Even then, I sometimes cheated and found "shortcuts."

About midafternoon, I look down and my right ankle is quite a bit more swollen than my left. It didn't hurt that much (a little sore, but nothing horrible). When I got home I wrapped and iced it. Swelling went down and it wasn't quite as sore.

This morning, I woke up and it is not swollen, but it's still sore. It hurts the most when I am standing straight and bend my ankle to the side (as my dad would say "well, then don't do that").

I got my ass (and the rest of me) out of bed, wrapped the ankle, and went to boot camp anyway.

Luckily I have an AWESOME instructor who did not let up on me. If I couldn't do one exercise, she provided an alternate, BUT at the same time reminded me that I had to take care of myself and this injury (grrrrrr).

To my ankle: I AM NOT going to stop exercising, so you'd better just heal and be better soon! We will still be going to boot camp and Lisa is going to find a way to make sure I still sweat as much as if you were 100%. What this means is that I will be doing more push-ups, planks and other things I do not like all that much! Soooo . . . could you please heal soon so I can get back to running??

Wait . . . did I just say that??? Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment