I have been meaning to come back and update this for the past 9 months (hey, it's only been 15 months since my last blog post :-/). . . but I always find an excuse not to do it . . . usually it comes down to "too busy."
NO MORE EXCUSES
I'm going to start blogging again . . . well, because I have a lot to say . . . and it helps me to write it all down and get it out. On the other side, I'm hoping some of you, a few of you, out there will appreciate it and get motivated/inspired or just laugh. :)
As most of you know, I go to a rockin' boot camp and run with a fabulous group of ladies on alternate days. On top of that, I also belong to a fabulous Weight Watchers group (honk, honk). I've realized in the past year, that in order to take care of others, I must first take care of myself . . . and for me, a large part of that, means making my health a priority.
It has not been an easy road. I get up before 5 am every day to get my workout in. Do I want to do it every day? No. I track my food and have cut out all refined sugar. Do I like doing either of those? Nope.
I have not been consistent all the time. I fall. I trip. I make mistakes. A LOT.
But, I get back up, dust myself off and keep going.
However, I can't take all the credit . . . I couldn't do any of this entirely on my own. Yes, the decision is, ultimately, mine. But, I have many, of what I call, "sparkers" . . . people who re-ignite me when I'm in that dark place, when my inner voice is telling me that "I can't" or "I won't". My sparkers help me to fight that voice, give it the finger and say, "Oh yeah? Watch me!"
My sparkers not only help me up when I'm down, but they get me re-motivated to keep going forward. They help make my willpower even stronger. They help me to do things I NEVER thought I could.
So, thank you sparkers. I love you and SOOOOOOO appreciate you. <3

No comments:
Post a Comment