Monday, September 20, 2010

Boot Camp aka "I'll be sore for 2 days"

So I'm on Day 6 of Lisa's Booty Kickin' Boot Camp (beginning week 3). What exactly is this class? Lisa basically throws any exercise in that will kick our asses - burpees, mountain climbers, dog sleds, pushups, situps, RUNNING . . . Let's digress for a moment, shall we?

If you don't know, boot camp starts at 5:30 am, in other words before the sun is up. I RUN in the dark. Look at that sentence. (a) it has "run" in it and (b) it has "in the dark" following it. Anyone who knows me, knows how absolutely absurd that sentence is. (a) I don't "run" and (b) I am not up and working out before the sun.

But, I can now say, the statement "I RUN in the dark" is actually true. Not only that, but I am starting to ENJOY running and working out early [note: I still have a hard time believing it myself].

I can say, that if it were up to me, I'd still be sleeping in (as long as the *%&!# neighbor's dog wouldn't wake me up at 5:30 am! but that is for another post on another day). If there weren't people there [read: Sherry and Lisa] who would check up on me, I wouldn't get up. The gym is not (yet) motivation enough for me to workout. So, I signed up for this boot camp and I am GLAD I did. For those of you that say you aren't morning workerouters or you can't find time for exercise, I call bulls**t. :) No lie, it is still hard to get up and get there, and the class still kicks my ass, but I go and am HAPPY when it's done!

So, as week 3 kicks off, I am looking forward to the day when I can say, *I* kicked boot camp's [read Lisa's] ass! :)

1 comment: